RESCUE OF THE MONTH
Lakeshore Paws is a volunteer-run non-profit organization in Porter County, Indiana, committed to working with local rescue groups and shelters to save and protect homeless dogs and cats. The organization was established in 2011 by two businesswomen and animal lovers who simply could not ignore the growing number of animals without homes.
$5 from each Metal Rescue sold this month goes to support Lakeshore Paws.
Lakeshore Paws is funded entirely through generous donations, adoption fees, and fundraising events to achieve their goals, including:
- Placing homeless animals in forever homes through adoption.
- Reducing reproduction rates through spaying and neutering.
- Providing behavioral training to help more dogs find loving homes.
- Educating the public about the problem of homeless animals.
- Working with the community and policy makers to improve conditions for homeless animals.